Why Kids Need Supplements
Kids who eat a regular, well-balanced diet should get all the nutrients they need for healthy growth and development. If you check out our Vitamins and Minerals guide, you’ll see that all they require can be found in various foods and drink. But if children don’t like the taste of, say, liver, broccoli, spinach, even milk (and let’s face it, many kids don’t), then they will miss out on those vital vitamins and magic minerals. That’s when Vit Heroes children’s supplements come in real handy, as a simple, affordable way of providing those essential nutrients.
To help you decide whether Vit Heroes vitamin supplements might be a good idea, they are usually recommended for children who are:
- Not eating regular balanced meals
- Very fussy and don’t eat enough
- On vegetarian or dairy-free diets
- Highly active and need extra energy
- Eat a lot of processed and fast foods
- Drinking fizzy drinks that displace calcium
- Not getting their five fruit and veg a day
- Often eating meals outside the home
- Not getting enough natural sunlight
- Not drinking milk or fluoridated water
If kids fall into any or most of these categories, then daily Vit Heroes supplementation could well be worthwhile.